To celebrate its 20th Birthday, the Bonsai Society of the Central Coast is hosting a fun day for the family with a Japanese flavour, on Saturday 2 September 2017.
The Community studios at the Gosford Regional Gallery and Arts Centre at 36 Webb St, East Gosford, will have free displays of Bonsai, Suiseki, Ikebana, Calligraphy, and silk kimonos.
Expert demonstrations will be provided throughout the day, including:
- 9am: Suiseki - many people enjoy collecting and displaying stones, find out about Suiseki, the Japanese art of stone appreciation.
- 10am – 12.15pm: Bonsai with four top Australian bonsai experts.
- 12.45pm – 1.15pm: Aikido - Japanese martial art demonstration.
- 1.15pm – 2.15pm: Ikebana – learn the Japanese art of flower arranging that emphasizes form and balance.
- 1:30pm – 4.30pm: Watch out for the Anime actors having fun in the Edogowa gardens.
- 2.15pm: Children will enjoy having a photograph taken with their favourite anime or take a group photo of all the anime actors.
- 2:15-4:45: Bonsai will be back on the stage.
Children have the opportunity to make a bonsai to take home, and dress up in traditional Japanese costume to be photographed. Watch members of our local community demonstrate Japanese calligraphy and perhaps take home a personalised piece to treasure.