Private Tree Works Application

Use this form to make an application to remove or prune a tree on private land in the Gosford LGA. 

The applicant must be the owner or delegated manager of the affected property. 

You can apply to prune back to your boundary line, or prune any branches overhanging from your neighbour’s tree, but only the owner of a tree can apply for its removal.

There is an application fee to apply for approval to prune or remove a tree. 

If your tree is part of a current Development Application with council, please do not complete this form, as this tree will be assessed as part of this development process.

Don't fill in this form if your property is zoned as Deferred Matter (DM). DM land can be identified by searching the Mapping Page  (ensure you turn on the layer for the LEP 2014). The approval authority for removal of trees or vegetation (not associated with a development activity) on ​DM lands is the Local Land Service. They can be contacted on 1300 778 080.

Please consider the Rural Fire Service 10/50 Vegetation Clearing code of practice for NSW prior to completing this application​.

Private Tree Works Application Frequently Asked Questions

Private Tree Works Application Form

Also In This Section