Council inspection program
All water cooling systems on regulated premises in the Gosford LGA are required to be registered with council due to the potential risks of Legionnaires Disease.
Please complete the Health Premises Registration Form to register your cooling tower with Central Coast Council.
This register must contain the following information:
- Type of system (model, serial number);
- Address of the premises on which the system is installed;
- Name, residential and business addresses of the owner of the premises and, if the premises are occupied by someone other than the owner, the occupier's details;
- Telephone numbers during and after business hours by which the persons above can be contacted;
- Details of inspections carried out by council.
Council officers are also required to conduct annual inspections of water cooling towers to:
- Inspect and test any system on the premises;
- Investigate compliance with operating and/or maintenance requirements in accordance with AS/NZS 3666.2 2002 or AS/NZS 3666.3.2000; and
- Inspect records of operation and maintenance of the system in accordance with AS/NZS 3666.2:2002 or AS/NZS 3666.3.2000.
Owners and occupiers of premises containing these systems are responsible for ensuring the proper installation, commissioning, operation and maintenance of the regulated system. Most will engage a contractor to carry out this work.
Records of the operation and maintenance of the systems are required to be kept on-site and made accessible to council officers at all times.
For further information regarding the cooling tower inspection program please contact council’s Environmental Health Section on 4325 8222 or visit the NSW Public Health website.